Sensory Fun for Tiny Tots: Unleashing the Power of Sensory Play for Baby Development
Sensory play is a crucial part of a baby's development, and it refers to activities that stimulate the five senses: sight, touch, hearing, smell, and taste. Sensory play helps babies learn about their environment, develop new skills, and form brain connections.
Hand Kites are perfect for babies because they can touch and feel different textures, move the ring to make sound, dance, run with it and see its movement.
Sensory bottles are our primary product designed for babies; they are not too big and heavy, so they are easy to manipulate; they are also made from plastic free from BPA, so they can't break, and they are perfectly sealed so they can't open them.
Here are a few reasons why sensory play is so important for babies:
- Brain Development: Sensory play helps to stimulate the brain and promote the development of neural connections. When babies interact with different textures, sounds, and smells, they exercise their brains and form new connections. This lays the foundation for future learning and development.
- Curiosity and attention: It is stimulated while searching for the colourful objects on the sensory bottles, identifying different objects and colours, and concentrating on the moving of the glitter rising and falling)
- Physical Development: Sensory play helps babies develop fine and gross motor skills. For example, squishing playdough between their fingers or moving a Sensory Bottle helps strengthen their hand and finger muscles. On the other hand, crawling through tunnels and climbing over obstacles help develop their gross motor skills.
- Sensory Awareness: Sensory play helps babies become more aware of their senses and how they interact with the world around them. They learn to differentiate between different textures, sounds, and smells and begin to understand the relationships between these sensory experiences and their environment.
- Emotional Development: Sensory play can also help a baby's emotional development. Engaging in sensory play can be calming and soothing for babies and help build their self-esteem and confidence as they explore and learn. You can use our Sensory Bottles in moments of stress, tension, and anger (Ex: going to the doctor or on a long trip.)
- Bonding: Sensory play can also be an excellent opportunity for bonding with your baby. You can engage in sensory play together, providing a fun and interactive experience for both of you.